Tuesday, September 23, 2008

blogroll: inchmark

Picture 1

Hello friends! At the suggestion of my husband, I'm starting a new series of posts on Tuesdays called 'blogroll' to review new and interesting blogs. I thought I'd get started with inchmark, a new blog (that I found via cup of jo) by fellow Brooklyn resident [correction:] Southern California resident, Brooke Reynolds. 

Picture 3


Brooke is, among other things, a book designer, a mother of two, and the former senior art director of Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Kids. Her blog is a lovely combination of interesting graphic media, photographs of her projects, and sweet anecdotes about her family, with a masthead reminiscent of the margins of now-defunct Blueprint magazine (sniff).

Picture 8

Brooke is also the designer of Lena Corwin's inspiring new book, Printing By Hand!

IMG

Check inchmark every other day or so for a aesthetically pleasing/inspiring/delightful post to sweeten your day.

4 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I love this new series!!

please sir said...

I love her blog and had no idea about her work history. Thanks and love the new series too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura..
So sweet of you to mention inchmark on your blog. I just wanted you to know that we are now living in Southern California.. we lived in NYC for 10 years, but moved away last November. (and we still miss it!) Some others in the blog world knew me when I lived in Brooklyn and I think that has added to the confusion!

Laura said...

Thanks, Brooke! I'll make a correction to my post.