Friday, April 23, 2010

heritage brands

Photobucket

I'm ready to admit to myself that I'm currently obsessed with heritage brands. And I think it's fair to say J. Crew has had a hand in it. Ever since I spied those Belstaff bags and waxed jackets at their store in Colombus Circle, I've been hooked. Besides, if I'm going to consume, shouldn't I buy something that's going to last, both in terms of style and quality? Of course, it's no news that heritage brands are making a comeback. Seriously, the Japanese have been beating us (and the British) at our own game for a while now. It's also no secret that I'm all about the androgyny of the bag, so the resurgence of utilitarianism in fashion suits me just fine. (Wm. J. Mills & Co., Red Wing, Klein Tools, Mariners Supply Co., to name a few.) See A Continuous Lean for a fine summary of what's in store at J. Crew for Fall '10, and ACL's shop for more.

No comments: